April 4, 2016

Time Traveling









If you live anywhere near Los Angeles and you haven't been to the Getty Museum you are really (really) missing out on an amazing museum. When I lived in LA for a year I would come at least twice a month! The 18th century rooms and art galleries are my favorite of course, but the 19th century art is marvelous too, and the medieval manuscripts, and the garden with its magnificent view...you get the idea, it is an amazing place! 

I didn't get the best photos as we were in a bit of a rush (I packed my one day in LA rather full...) and we had met my lovely friend (and college roomie) Nicola at the museum so the blog took a bit of a backseat (Quelle horreur!). I tried to get some outfit photos outside but the grumpy guard said we looked too professional and asked us to stop taking pictures! I'm just a little blogger people calm down! Anyways, I wore a new dress I made for my trip in black cotton sateen. It is super classic with a higher neck, 3/4 sleeves, and a straight cut skirt. Despite its simplicity I LOVE this dress. My new favorite LBD for sure. I paired it with a mid-century modern/brutalist silver brooch, similar silver earrings, and heels that were no good for walking around a museum for a few hours (my poor feet, oops). You will be seeing this dress again soon in some better lighting as it goes super marvelously with my big black straw hat and I can't wait to wear it again! It is still occasionally wintry here with random days of snow, though it was quite warm today so who knows what kind of clothes I'll be wearing while I wait for spring to properly arrive!

I hope you all have a nice start to the week! Happy April, it came out of nowhere for me and I'll be playing catch up all month!

Dress: Made by me
Shoes: Modcloth
Belt: Banana Republic
Brooch & Earrings: Vintage

8 comments:

  1. Hello Bianca,
    You are so wonderful ! Your blog is also so interesting ! I like this dress which is so classic but so nice. I have a new sewing-machine and you'll be always welcome at home to use it ...
    Martine +

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonjour Martine! Thank you so much for your lovely comments! I miss you and beautiful France <3 I dream of visiting Europe again soon so I can see you and your lovely Monéteau and Auxerre once more :)

      Delete
  2. hello,ciao Bianca...great photos and place,Gorgeous outfit:it's a very charming work of Art!...your Silhouette's profile at mirror is stunning wearing this dress...cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful backdrops the museum collections provide for your photos. That bed with the ostrich feathers in the canopy is rather amazing. Lovely dress, classic and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do love me some ostrich feathers, but how would you dust the feathers up there, with other feathers? Seems it would be a hard bed to keep clean!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...