September 24, 2015

Equestrian Autumn











Back when I first bought this hat, I just knew I had to wear it with an equestrian inspired outfit, then when I made my jodhpurs the rest of the ensemble just fell into place! This velvet jacket once belonged to my mom, but somehow migrated into my closet. It's a bit too small but I made it work!

I have been busy this week finishing up projects, including fixing many of my older pencil skirts that had either stretched out a bit or were always a bit too big. Wearing these jodhpurs again made me realize I still haven't made the little adjustments needed to fix the pattern. I'd like to make a new and improved pair in corduroy for winter. Another project on the list! Speaking of projects, I think the 3 hour sweater is going to fit! I just have to sew in the sleeves tonight, and I can't wait to try it on for real.

I also bought the circle needles I need to start the next sweater, so my night will be full of knitting!

Jodhpurs: Made by me
Jacket: My mom's closet!
Scarf: Trinity College gift shop
Boots: JC Penny
Brooch: Vintage
Hat: Vintage
Earrings: Vintage 

10 comments:

  1. The topper looks great, and so does the rest of the ensemble :) Dramatic!
    When I was a horse owner, I sometimes used to dress up for riding. I got lots of looks and nice compliments. People love to have something stylish and beautiful to look at, and you don't even need a horse for that :) I am crossing my fingers for your 3 hour sweater!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Siri! I used to see girls coming home from riding lessons on the Tube sometimes in London and they always looked so chic!

      Delete
  2. Very stylish! I love the hat and jodhpurs - they remind me of the more masculine styles of the 1920s-40s that you see dotted around Pinterest every so often. They're usually my favourites, as dresses all the time can get a bit old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellie! I never tire of pencil skirts, but I figure those who stop by my blog must get tried of always seeing them so I like to mix it up sometimes!

      Delete
  3. Ahh your hat looks fabulous!!
    And your entire ensemble!! I'm wishing you all the luck with your knitting, I also had a bit of issues with the sleeve fit, but I think I blocked them a couple more times and it worked. Can't wait to see the next knitting project!
    Carla, Tiny Angry Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carla! I think I am going to have to remove the sleeves and try attaching them again with a different stitch. The sleeves fit into the sweater just fine, but the seam is so tight as to make (the otherwise fine fit) sweater unwearable. I'm not exactly sure how to fix it yet, but here's hoping I can figure out a way!

      Delete
  4. Oh my word, this is a truly gorgeous, sophisticated ensemble. Equestrian style is one of my favourite looks ever and I'm constantly inspired by it, too. The styling is so on point and fantastic here, honey. This is one of my favourite outfits of yours ever.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jessica! <3 It means a lot coming from such a styling maven like yourself! I had this outfit planned in my head for a long while, then when I finally tried it on to see if it worked I was so pleased how it all looked together!

      Delete
  5. You look to me like you should be performing with a horse in a dressage competition! Great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Kate! It was rather a fun outfit to wear :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...