June 11, 2015

The Aviator, That Necklace!


So I finally watched The Aviator this week, I had been wanting to see it for ages! The main reason I wanted to see the film was for the costumes of course. Though many of the extras and minor characters had excellent costumes, I was most enamored with Ava Gardner's (Kate Beckinsale) costumes as each was GOREGEOUS! I happen to think Kate Beckinsale herself is incredibly gorgeous, and the costumes she wears as Gardner are colorful and super fun! The piece that has been immediately added to my mental jewelry wishlist is her spectacular Miriam Haskell's style necklace!


I want one! Wouldn't it spice up any solid color dress or suit? Though finding a Haskell original can be both tricky and very pricey!

This set sold for $700 dollars!




You better believe I am thinking about a good old fashion DIY here. From what I can tell the common materials are large scale brass or gold chain and beaded dangling bits. This style of necklace would be super easy to recreate! I think I will hit up michaels crafts and my local bead shop and see what I can come up with! Would you guys like a tutorial on how to make such a necklace?




6 comments:

  1. Pretty please with sugar on top, post a tutorial if you do make a version of this necklace. The costuming in The Aviator is amongst my all-time favourite for any period piece and I remember being thoroughly enraptured by that necklace when I saw it, too.

    Big hugs & tons of happy weekend wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely shall then, it looks relatively easy to make once you have collected all the materials! I have already started looking at other Haskells examples to get inspired!

      Delete
  2. One more vote for a tutorial please Bianca!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just posted it today! My hand still hurts from cutting all those headpins to size with the wire cutters :) worth it though!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...