May 31, 2015

Pattern Mix




On Saturday my family and I went for a walk around the botanical gardens foothills outpost. It's a favorite spot of mine for outfit photos, but these ones didn't turn out so well. In the end I decided these shoes really don't go well with this outfit at all! 

This is a rather "modern" outfit for me, defiantly leaning on the modern 'mixed print's trend. I am still not sure if it works, but I felt it looked okay on the day! I really just wanted to wear this orange skirt, but I don't have any tops/blouses that match it! I need to make something in the dark ivory/gold color to wear with it. I swear this print top has orange in it!

Since I rarely have a weekend with both days off, I ran some errands after we finished up at the gardens then spent all of Sunday sewing. I managed to finish the entire blue floral dress in a day! I promise I'll show you soon :)

Skirt: Made by me
Top: Made by me (fabric salvaged from an old Anthropologie skirt)
Shoes: Nine West
Belt: Target
Necklaces, Earrings, floral hair comb: Made by me
Antique hair comb: Vintage (etsy)

6 comments:

  1. I think it totally works! The cohesive colour palette and variation in pattern size unite both skirt and top beautifully.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica, that makes me feel better coming from a master wardrobe color mixer such as yourself!

      Delete
  2. I really like the orange, it is a good colour on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate! It is a color I would like to add in to my wardrobe more!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...