March 2, 2015

A Castle in the Snow






This is the second appearance on the blog of this hounds-tooth skirt. This time I followed a suggestion from Jessica (of Chronically Vintage) and paired the skirt with a contrasting color. I finally got to wear my teal suede shoes as they matched my sweater quite well. It felt good to remix this skirt with a brighter color as I dream of spring. 

The local mansion looks beautiful in the lingering snow, especially with the large icicles growing from the eves. I am so glad they have the grounds open all week, even though the mansion itself is only open on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I am looking forward to seeing how the grounds look in summer when the back gardens are in full form!

Skirt: Made by me
Sweater: Target
Tight: Target
Shoes: DSW
Jewelry: Vintage (etsy)

4 comments:

  1. Those are some seriously massive, and very impressive looking, icicles - wow!!! They almost look they were painted on - they're that iconically perfect on the icicle front.

    Cool (literally! :D) as they may be, the star here is definitely you and this beautiful outfit. You've married two of my favourite colours: red and teal to create a fantastic casual look for the colder months (complete with marvelous vintage jewelry). So lovely!!!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! I thought the same thing when we approached the house! Crazy icicles!

      Delete
  2. I like it very much with teal! Those icicles are huge!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...