February 5, 2015

A Museum Visit in Black, White, and Red



  This week I went a bit crazy drafting and ended up with a few new sleeve and skirt patterns, including both a circle skirt and 3/4 circle skirt. To test my new pattern, I tried the 3/4 circle skirt in this lovely thick hounds-tooth fabric that had been in my stash for years. I still think pencil skirts are more flattering on my shape, but twirling around with this much fabric is quite fun! I like the ladylike feeling of the larger swishing hem all day.

I met my mom downtown after she got out of class and we visited the Kirkland Museum. We had been once before, back in 2013 for my birthday, but it was great to visit again and marvel over the gorgeous decorative arts collection and Vance Kirkland paintings. I will be showing you guys some photos from inside the museum tomorrow!

okay I twirled a bit, full skirts ask for it!
Skirt: Made by me
Top: Banana Republic
Shoes: Nine West
Tights: Hanes (Amazon)
Brooch: Vintage
Earrings: Vintage (Etsy)

6 comments:

  1. Ooohhhh, love that skirt! The shape is really becoming on you (fear not :)). Great choice of fabrics. I love that you can pull from its palette for your top and accessories or even opt for something bold that isn't in the mix, say like mustard yellow or baby blue, for example.

    Very pretty outfit and lovely outdoor setting, too.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! You are so talented at putting colors together, I am always inspired by the way you combine hues and shades in your outfits. I can have trouble with this and never would have thought to pair this skirt with mustard or light blue! Now that you mention it I want to right away as each sounds perfect!

      Delete
  2. That top is gorgeous! I've never actually been in a Banana Republic before! Now I think I need to check it out!

    Also that fourth down photo is GORGEOUS!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Janey! I actually bought this same top in two colors, black and light grey, and then found out my mom had three of these tops from last winter in deep green, chocolate brown, and a small dark grey print! She gave them to me as she doesn't wear them, so now I have 5 of these tops! I actually work part time at Banana Republic, so I get first look at what might be vintage appropriate from each collection. We just got some new spring stuff in and there are some really pretty tops I have my eye on!

      Delete
  3. Lovely twirly skirt! I like the fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...