November 6, 2014

A Teal Twenties Dress


This past weekend, before all of my crazy computer drama, I managed to get photos of my new teal 1920's dress. I finished this dress ages ago, but I had the hardest time finding a perfect matching fabric for the sash. The shades of teal and grey in this print are very unique and it was hard to find anything close to any of the colors. I ended up finding a roll of silk crepe in a near exact match for the dark tealish grey in the bottom of the sale rack at Colorado Fabrics. The pattern is my usual 20's one, modified to have a different neckline and I made the sleeves bell shaped instead of the usual square. I wore it with a necklace I made ages ago that I feel looks rather 1910's-1920's in style. I think it looks sort of reminiscent of the Czech jewelry of the time.





Dress: Made by me
Jewelry: Made by me
Tights: Target
Shoes: Modcloth

2 comments:

  1. Sweepingly, splendidly beautiful! I love the serene, elegant palette of blues you opted for. They seem to suit this time of the year in particular, as the colour drains from the world once more and the nights come out to play sooner, especially well.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! I just can't walk past a table of sale fabrics without rifling through, which is where I found this pretty print!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...