September 18, 2014

Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles

As someone who already loves all things fall, I also adore pumpkin spice everything! A long time devotee of the pumpkin spice latte, I have only just discovered the joy of a pumpkin spice chi tea! So good you guys, yum! That's why when I saw a recipe for pumpkin spice snickerdoodles, I just had to try and make them! I am not exactly a good cook, I once put two tablespoons of salt instead of two teaspoons in basic chocolate chip cookies and turned them into salt chips, but I can occasionally bake with success. Last year I even made brownies from scratch (thank you pinterest!)

I chose this recipe, as unlike the first recipe I saw on pinterest, it didn't require crisco/shortening (because eww crisco, seriously). I did make a few adjustments to the recipe though, firstly I used only one egg (as opposed to the recipe's 2 + 1 extra yolk) and to make up the moisture difference I added a 1/4th cup of pumpkin (like the pureed pumpkin pie filling you get in a can pumpkin). Secondly I had to bake these for 11 minutes as opposed to the recipe's recommended 7-8. I also want to note that I made a bit of a mess making the dough, but that's probably because I am messy, not because these cookies are inherently so! Also I only have a hand mixer, and not a stand mixer with an attached bowl and all that jazz.

I had to go to 2 stores to find pumpkin pie spice, isn't it in season yet?

Sugar+butter=yes
Rolled in happy sugar and spice

Ready to bake, I smushed the next batch with a fork as these didn't spread much on their own

They turned out super delicious! They would be extra perfect with your afternoon tea or coffee. Why wait for thanksgiving to have pumpkin dessert right? No time like the present!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...