July 12, 2014

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes...


I was a very lucky birthday girl this year and spent the day at Disneyland! My wonderful parents took me to celebrate my 23rd. I love Disneyland, I know that isn't a particularly unusual sentiment but I just do. I love the constructed alternate reality that is Main Street USA (based on my beloved Fort Collins), the Jungle Cruise and the idealized New Orleans Square. Adventureland, New Orleans Square and Tomorrowland are my favorites as I just love the architectural styles and the wonderful rides. I don't think I am ever more naturally elated than when I am mid-ride on Space Mountain. So exhilarating!




















This was my first visit since the new Big Thunder Mountain has opened and wow what a fun ride! I love the new additions, they did a perfect job updating the ride for a new generation of visitors. We made reservations ahead of time at the Blue Bayou, the restaurant inside the Pirates of the Caribbean, which is our family's favorite. They have the best ever monti cristo sandwich that is basically ambrosia.

T-shirt: Banana Republic
Jeans: Forever 21
Sandals: Target (last year)
Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters (last year)
Bag: I can't remember!
This is what I ended up wearing on the day, I decided to go for comfort as I knew I would be melting in the heat! I just love mint green so it was inevitable I would end up with this soft green t-shirt from Banana Republic. It is dangerous place to work sometimes! I was still hot all day (this is California in July people) but I am just not a shorts kinda girl.


Lest you think "gosh that Disneyland photo spam just wasn't long enough!" never fear, I'll have more photos from Disneyland for you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...