March 3, 2014

Garden of the Gods


Taking a break from the sewing room, I joined my brother for a day out in nature as we headed out on a hike around the Garden of the Gods park in Colorado Springs. Sometimes it is nice to just get some fresh air and enjoy some time in a magnificent landscape. When we arrived there was a layer of crystalline white frost covering all of the plants making them contrast against the red rocks in a whole new way. It was like being in a wintry mars landscape, so unique looking and beautiful. I hope you enjoy these photos I took throughout the day. 













2 comments:

  1. Captivating, immensely lovely winter wilderness photos. I adore how vividly the white pops against those earthy, cinnamon hued cliff faces and the soil below.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jessica! it really did feel like another planet in person with all that red contrasted against only white!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...