February 15, 2014

Fashion Week Favorites: New York F/W2014


1. Jenny Packham (I love this color and the embellishment is pretty, and the shape is kinda 40's which is also nice)
2. Tory Burch (Again great colors, I have really liked Tory Burch for the last few seasons, wearable but with really cool vintagey prints and great color schemes)
3. Creatures of the Wind (A brand I am less interested in usually but I loved these brocade pants and the little butterflies on the jacket)


1. Jason Wu (Sexy and super 30's, so a win win)
2. Nicole Miller (Some great prints overall in this collection and that great russet red/brown shows up again for next fall)
3. Ralph Lauren (more of the same really but this look is rather 30's aviatrix off duty so, yes!)


1. Barbara Tfank (I don't know what this textile is, sequins? super amazing color, like a beetles wing)
2.&3. Naeem Khan (super gorgeous gowns, I liked these two the most)


1.&2. Oscar de la Renta (Great and feminine as usual, I liked these two dresses the best and wish they could be in my closet)
3. Nonoo (a rather 30's/40's look I thought, I'd love to rock this suit!)


1.&2. Marchesa (The ever amazing Marchesa also using the russet red, I want these two looks, especially that embellished skirt!)
3. Alice+Olivia (I really liked how this look book was shot, the fairyland forest background is pretty! so are the clothes even if they skew a bit young)


1-3. Monique Lhuillier (I loved the goth feel present in this collection, I wish I had places to wear these sort of bond villainess dresses)

Overall an okay season in New York, as always I look forward to Milan and Paris to really bring the glamour and inspiration. I like seeing whats coming down the runways, even if I tend to stick with the same shapes for myself. I love getting new ideas for color and fabric pairings, and embellishment ideas.

 I am currently beginning a serious fabric stash busting list of projects. I have so much fabric folded waiting to be turned into a fabulous wardrobe and I had been waiting to go down a dress size before I dove in. That was obviously a lame excuse, and if I ever do lose the weight having fabulous clothes to tailor down would be good tailoring practice anyways! So I dove in and made the first garment from the stash, a pencil skirt made from digitally print fabric I had designed and printed last year. I love the skirt and can't wait to wear it out tonight! More on these many projects soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...