October 17, 2014

My Favorite Floral Blouse


Remember when I was on that blouse making rampage back in spring? Well this one is still my favorite! I just think this print is so retro 40's looking, especially with its muted primary colors. Today I wore it with a new pencil skirt I made recently that I don't really like. I love the fabric but something went wrong while I was sewing (with the darts or something) as it doesn't fit me as well as the others I have made. I think I'll have to do the whole skirt over, as the fabric should still be available at Joanns and I really do love the shiny black brocade.


I just love this print! They still have more of this fabric at the shop, what else could I make?
Blouse: Made by me
Skirt: Made by me
Shoes: Target
Tights: Hue
Jewelry: Made by me

2 comments:

  1. That dark, sophisticated floral is sweeply gorgeous! It feels like a moving, soulful poem translated into flower print fabric form. I love it to bits and could see it working really well as a sheath/wiggle dress or full on 50s inspired circle skirt, too.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! The fabric is quite thin and silky so I'm not sure if I could wrangle it into a wiggle dress, but it would be so pretty I almost want to try anyway!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...