August 27, 2013

Strapless Stays Progress and a Little Velvet Hat


The strapless stays are coming along swimmingly but I ran out of boning after finishing off an entire package of heavy duty zip ties in just the front piece. I will have to visit home depot and get some more! I also put together a little velvet hat for winter with some black velvet in my stash. I took some progress pictures but the process was very similar to the last little wire hat I made last month.

Make a cresent out of stiff millinery wire
Wrap the wire in velvet ribbon
I added some flower shapes cut out of velvet and some large bows made of black velvet ribbon
Looks a little odd on the block but cuter on the head :)
I want to add another bow in the center open space but I have to figure out how

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...