Monday, April 10, 2017

Season-less Greenery












Alright, so this blouse is too big for me, I'll be putting some darts into the waist soon, but I had to wear it as soon as I got it in the mail! I had never seen a blouse like this in black, so I had to snap it up. I have another similar blouse in ivory, and this style made in poly/rayon or poly/cotton blends seem to be from the 1960s mostly and were made in China. This one is marked Shanghai while the ivory is merely marked China. The embroidery on these blouses is super stunning!

I paired the blouse with a newly made rayon/linen blend A-line skirt. I have a serious lack of A-line skirts in my wardrobe, having focused on making pencil skirts for such a long time. I am finally now working on expanding my collection of more flared skirts as they often work better for 1930s and 40s styled looks. Though this blouse is from the 60s or 70s, I wanted to try and style it earlier so I also wore my 1940's heels from Remix and a tooled leather clutch.

Since the world outside is only just beginning to turn green again, these photos are from a visit to the ever lush tropical conservatory at the Denver Botanic Gardens! I love a faux jungle, all of the plant life with none of the scary snakes and huge bugs. I am a fake adventurer! I hope you all have had a lovely weekend, I spent a lot of mine scanning the 1943 Montgomery ward catalog pages so I promise there will be even more pages soon!

Blouse: Vintage (Etsy)
Skirt: Made by me
Shoes: Remix Shoes
Earrings, Bracelet, Belt, & Clutch: Vintage (Etsy)

14 comments:

  1. I see why you had to pop this blouse on right away - it's so pretty! I love the look of a bright floral against a black background, and I think your 40s inspired styling works beautifully with it. Simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! I too love florals on a black background, which was why I couldn't resist this blouse even for a moment ;)

      Delete
  2. Oh that blouse is absolutely stunning!! And I also need to make some more A-line skirts.
    You look so lovely, like you're about to go hunting for lost treasures in the jungle.

    Carla, Tiny Angry Crafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carla! Gotta love that adventurer style ;)

      Delete
  3. The embroidery is fantastic I agree! And what a lovely setting for photos xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. There were two surprises here when I reached your text. The first that you were wearing separates and not a dress and the second that you are in black not dark green. The photos somehow pick up the lush green background and give a green tinge to the outfit. Black or green, though, it's equally lovely, with beautiful embroidery. And what a backdrop! Kx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do love the green glow in this greenhouse, it makes you feel like you are in a real jungle!

      Delete
  5. It is a lovely blouse. Can't beat a bit of detailed embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos, it's such a perfect setting! I think the blouse looks good the size it is, it gives a blouson effect rather than a fitted one. But I know about not being quite happy with things, so totally get if you do add darts. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cate! The desire to add darts will have to fight my laziness/desire for entirely new projects so we will see what wins out ;)

      Delete
  7. What a gorgeous blouse! Love that Mandarin collar and the beautiful embroidery!This outfit looks perfectly 40s despite the era of the pieces you've styled, you look wonderful. A controlled jungle setting is definitely for the best, I have the opposite problem and am always having to be cautious of snakes - it's a bit of a bummer when you're taking photos I can tell you that :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Harlow! I do have to be cautious of rattle snakes here in Colorado in the warmer months, but I think your snakes down there are scarier!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...