Thursday, December 8, 2016

Take the Black










Winter weather and faux fur collars. I always feel a little bit Stark's of Winterfell in a big fur collar! I should make a big cloak to wear with one ;) I do wear the "color" black quite often, the nights watch would find me otherwise inept however! Enough Game of Thrones references, more about clothes right? :)

Even though I dress in vintage or retro styles, the little dormant gothic part of me can't help but win out every once and a while. This most plain version of the 1920's 1 hour dress is actually made up in a flowy polyester from Joanns. I wanted a more durable version of my favorite 1920's dress pattern to wear to work and feel confident I wouldn't ruin! The gorgeous silk haori on the other hand is vintage and has such a lovely weight and feel to it. Japanese textiles are so marvelous and feel so luxurious, this will certainly not be the last haori I add to my collection! I paired the haori with my silver faux fur collar, a long black glass beaded necklace, and black lipstick.

I do have to admit these photos are actually from a few weeks back when it was significantly less chilly out (and when I was going through a black lipstick phase <3 ). I can't believe how suddenly busy I have gotten, and anything but outfit posts seems nearly impossible to put together right now so please bear with me! I'm working on it...but I am also working overtime hours at work, so I am very behind! Luckily I will have a bit of time to finish up some other things this weekend, but I also need to help decorate for the holidays which I always love doing! I hope you all are having a wonderful December so far! It's the most wonderf---BUSY time of the year after all!

Dress: Made my me
Haori: Vintage
Tights: Hanes (Amazon)
Shoes: Modcloth
Earrings: Charming Charlie
Faux Fur Collar & Necklace: Made by Me


16 comments:

  1. I love your finger waves. The haori is so pretty too- I didn't know that was what this style was called, so thanks for sharing.
    The Artyologist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicole! The finger waves are a credit to the most marvelous Mervin wave clips, which if you can ever catch on ebay or etsy I highly recommend!

      Delete
  2. My jaw literally dropped when I saw these photos. What an utterly gorgeous look. That haori, your fingerwaves, those dark lips, the severity and simplicity of the full look... Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! I do love a black lip and I am haori obsessed these days!

      Delete
  3. You, miss, is the most talented and beautiful flapper..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you vampy goddess! Just look at those flawless finger waves! This haori is exquisite, I love the addition of the fur collar. Captures the decadence of the 20s beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Harlow! It's all in the Mervin waves clips, I can't finger wave the real way with combs and wave clips hardly at all!

      Delete
  5. So dramatic! The haori paired with the fur collar is a fantastic look.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...