Monday, July 25, 2016

A Painted Veil









Not the painted veil, that's a film, just a painted veil- in this case a painted pink parasol! I'm feeling a bit stretched thin so you get sillier titles! I need a nap ;)

How can it possibly be the last week of July? Goodness. I am happy to be halfway though the season of high heat though, as melting just isn't very chic. This wrap dress is one of my favorite dresses, dispite the fact that it is so brightly colored! The offset print explains why it was languishing for super discount at my favorite fabric shop a few years ago, but I love it all the same. The pattern is something I cobbled together from various patterns of my own to form a late 30's wrap style dress. I recently bought some rayon linen blend in ruby red to make another of these dresses as it has always been so easy to wear! Here I've paired it with simply white shoes and my pink parasol for another hot summer's day.

Funny enough I acquired this parasol at the Colorado Renaissance Festival near ten years ago! I'd love one in more natural colors now, but my sixteen year old self went with pink and blue. I'm on the hunt for a new one as parasols really are a help when the sun is being extra intrusive!

Happy Monday everyone, I hope you're feeling more rested than I am! So much to do, so little time...

Dress: Made by me
Shoes: Amazon
Parasol: Colorado Renaissance Festival!
Handbag: Vintage

8 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful 1930s summer dress, I love the fabric! Also, your hair is looking amazing! I hope you are able to add more parasols to your collection, I have seen some lovely vintage ones on ebay :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Harlow! It has been so much easier having my hair shorter these days! :)

      Delete
  2. Simply stunning! How do you always look so utterly picture perfect, especially in the heat! The dress fabric is really lovely very, it's very different, but styled the way you have, totally believable as a genuine 30s dress! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy! The key is to not be outside for too long I think ;)

      Delete
  3. So, sooo in love with that dress! The bold hues, playful dots and classic silhouette all add up to something so memorably marvelous.

    xoxo ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! It's one of my more colorful dresses for sure!

      Delete
  4. I like your styling here! Such beautiful colours in your dress. It looks perfect for a hot day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate! It was a hot day indeed :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...