Monday, June 27, 2016

Full Skirts and Flowers












Well I finally broke down and did it, I ordered myself a nice big fluffy petticoat to wear under my full skirts and dresses. I first tried ordering some cheaper ones off of Amazon, and was disappointed with just how unfortunate they were when they arrived. So then I moved onto the real deal (and pricey!) Malco Modes petticoats (I got the Samantha style in ivory) and goodness the difference was miles apart! I'll do a full review for you later this week!

I blogged about this dress and the wax print fabric it is made from last year, but I really couldn't wait to wear it again this summer. The weight of the cotton is just perfect, and the full circle skirt is just so fun to twirl around in! This time I accessorized it with navy blue and a new (well, vintage) hat that I got for a complete bargain on Ebay recently. I couldn't believe I got this hat for under $15 dollars, it is so perfect for summer! You guys know how I love hats, and straw hats are my favorite. I'm so dangerous on the internet, I need to block etsy and ebay from my browser ;)

It is just so nice to have everything in bloom again, I get so tired of the snow and tan dead grass that permeates spring in Colorado. The trade off is the heat of course, but everything has a price! They finally have the fountain turned on at my local garden/event center that I haunt too, so that is extra nice. The rose garden was in full bloom and I had a great time admiring and smelling all the varieties. What could be better than an afternoon stopping to smell the roses?

Dress: Made by me
Shoes: Modcloth
Belt: Amazon
Petticoat: Malco Modes
Handbag, Jewelry, & Hat: Vintage
Belt: Amazon

18 comments:

  1. What a look!...this outfit is Fabolous on you! the last photo is very beautfiful,what a pity that itnsn a movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More lovely colours - really lovely! Kx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I realized a while back that I posted 4 black outfits in a row so I am trying to be more colorful especially now it's summer :)

      Delete
  3. I had to reread this when I saw you made the dress. It looks soooooo vintage though!! I'm sooo jealous! The fabric is so amazing - such great colors!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nora that is high praise indeed! I actually bought the fabric in London funny enough, it's Dutch/African wax print cotton and they sell it in 5 yard lengths in many fabric shops in London.

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous outfit! What a stellar deal on your flower bedecked hat. I adore the use of dark blue shoes and handbag here. Really, really lovely styling.

    xoxo ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! I couldn't pass up the hat even though I have so many straws already, it was those cute silk flowers that really sold me (and the bargain price too of course)!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful colours in this post, really evokes high summer. What a fab bargain on the hat too, well done you! x p.s. I still plan on making the '20s dress but can't find any fabric I like enough yet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Porcelina, sorry I can't lend any sunshine to you over there, I know you all could use some nice sunny days after the recent and ongoing crazy news. I hope you can find a fabric you like soon, I know the struggle. Though usually I find way more fabrics than I am looking for and end up spending more than I planned, I am so dangerous in fabric shops!

      Delete
  6. The colours of this post! I absolutely disagree - you have such a fine taste for hats that you must allow yourself to indulge, the way you style them is always wonderful. I also thought this was a vintage dress, you have a special talent for creating beautiful era authentic clothing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Harlow! I have many more hats to show so don't you worry ;) In any other time I would have been a milliner for sure! It means so much to me to hear the things I make look vintage, it is such a goal of mine <3

      Delete
  7. I love this! The wax print is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emileigh! I picked up the yardage in London back in 2012, I love how colorful and graphic the prints are :)

      Delete
  8. You look utterly fabulous! The petticoat really gives a beautiful fluff and twirl to the dress. I love the hair too, your set looks amazing.
    Zella Maybe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! It was so fun twirling around with the petticoat, it is very "princess" feeling to wear!

      Delete
  9. Cute hair do! The colours in your dress are lovely and it goes so well with that bargain hat. Good find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate! It has been so much easier to style my hair now that it is cut shorter :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...