Thursday, March 10, 2016

Country Pursuits






You know, the thing about documenting one's style/outfits all the time is that sometimes the pictures just don't come out like you had hoped. Honesty, coming at you :) Though I realize you probably can't tell like I can. I always have a trillion shots to choose from, but sometimes I can only find a few I like enough to share. I need to get more sleep or something, you know like, beauty sleep. Is that a real thing? The dark circles under my eyes seem to think so! I did (do) really like this outfit though, you know me and my love of plaid.

This time I paired my newish plaid suit jacket with the black skirt from my also still newish black vintage suit skirt. That's the best thing about plaid, you can mix and match all over the place! I'm starting to think I should have made the neckline a bit higher on this jacket and done a third button, but...oh well. The fun sparkling rhinestone scimitar/sword brooch is a new acquisition. I am a big fan of sword brooches now, though with the gold one I've got, and this new sparkler, I think my own collection is complete unless something crazy amazing pops up one day. The hat I have on here is an oldie but goodie, black velvet is always a favorite of mine.

I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to seeing leaves on trees again someday later in spring. Bare branches aren't the best backdrop! Still, I leave soon for my mini vacation to California next week so I'll be admiring palm trees in no time ;)

Jacket & Hat: Made by me
Knit top: Banana Republic
Skirt, Gloves & Brooch: Vintage
Shoes: Nine West (Amazon)
Fishnets: Target

20 comments:

  1. Yes I sure do know that feeling - that's why I spend ages taking photos just so that I can get 4 or 5 where I'm not blinking/sneezing/making a weird face. It's not easy but I really do think these photos turned out lovely, you always have such great lighting in your photos!
    I love how well the bows on the hat match the colours of your plaid suit, looks wonderful :) Have fun in Cali!

    Deco Darling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Harlow :) I always feel like the lighting is so bright and harsh in the winter, I am longing for diffused summer afternoon lighting and autumn sunsets!

      Delete
  2. That's a really fabulous brooch! And your plaid jacket go so well with black. Kx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A clothing attention to detail, I like the fabric of the jacket, the brooch is very original and evocative .., and the hat with this decoration is simply adorable. Perfect hair and makeup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Serena! The brooch is a fast favorite :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful outfit, especially the hat! I'd love to wear something similar to this one day, and I think I'm going to have a go of your one hour 20s dress when I get back from America - I'm looking forward to fabric hunting at Joanne's and Michael's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellie! You totally should as they are a snap to sew up! Joanns can be rather fun, though I'm not sure Michaels has fabric; I've never been to one that does but I suppose it's possible. Mostly they have arts and crafts things, but a great selection of jewelry making stuff! I hope you have fun shopping :)

      Delete
  5. Ohhh, what a sophisticated, marvelous ensemble. There's just something about a plaid blazer (or whole skirt suit) that sets my vintage loving heart aflutter.

    Many hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! Plaid just has a hold on some of us, it has a magic effect :)

      Delete
  6. Your plaid blazer is so versatile, it looks great with that black skirt. Lovely hat too, really finishes off your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for all the comments at once, I'm having a major catch-up session! That blazer is great. I never wear blazers or jackets, but you look so fabulous in them I'm tempted... x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Porcelina! No need to apologize, it brightens my day :) I never used to be a jacket person until recently, but I came around.

      Delete
  8. I definitely feel you with the photos not-working-out-the-way-you-want-them-too thing... It can be extremely frustrating, {I can get so cranky! O-O } but your outfit is so darling. You know how I feel about plaid, and that hat!! Adore!! ❤

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete
  9. That hat! You are so talented!

    I totally feel you on the photo front. I can't tell you how many times that same scenario of things not panning out as you would have hoped has happened to me. And take more photos than anyone would probably think in order to get the shots I want.

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janey!

      I take a million shots too, and choose only a few in the end of course!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...