Friday, October 30, 2015

Fight Like a Girl












 "What's your name darling?"
"Agent"

Alright, I naughtily left Peggy Carter out of my costume suggestion posts! Now you know why! I didn't want to spoil my little Halloween surprise. I adore Agent Carter, and Peggy, and just had to build a super wearable costume around my favorite Marvel lady!

I found this silk blouse while out thrifting this summer and couldn't help but think it looked perfectly Peggy. I invested in a cheap prop PPK (a model famously used by James Bond as well) and set on figuring out how to pin up my long hair into a more Peggy length. A lot of bobby pins were harmed in the creation of this look. Helpfully, seeing myself with shoulder-ish length hair again has helped convince me to keep my length a while longer. I paired the blouse with my dark navy pencil skirt, even though I originally intended to make a different skirt for this costume. The one I ended up making was too 50's and full for a proper Peggy look in the end, so I just wore my trusty pencil skirt. Though I didn't get a shot of my backseams, I wore my What Katie Did tights, which are almost an authentic Peggy item seeing as they use What Katie Did a lot for the show!

I hope you all have a marvelous (see what I did there?) Halloween! Find yourself a treat and try not to get too spooked! Unless your into that sort of thing :)

Blouse: Vintage
Skirt: Made by me
Shoes: Modcloth
Tights: What Katie Did
Fake Pistol: Amazon (internal function/moving parts have broken already)

12 comments:

  1. Love, love, love this outfit! You look just like Agent Carter! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely awesome!!! You look the part to a tee and have captured her bold, exciting spirit (and style) to a tee, my lovely friend.

    Have a stellar Halloween!!!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! It was rather a strange experience brandishing that little fake gun around, it felt wrong!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous look - it's all great but I especially love the blue of the shoes. It may have been a costume, but you could wear this every day! Kx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I quite agree that this is pretty close to an everyday outfit for me, though I don't usually carry around little air-soft pistols with me! I am hoping Modcloth will do these shoes in even more colors someday, I'd love a pair in dark green :)

      Delete
  4. Perfectly paired, I would wear this on a regular day though! Except the gun maybe. :D
    Have a wonderful Halloween evening dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Josephine, I definitely would too! Though unlike Peggy I work retail and could never stand all day in heels, so I'd have to switch to some flat shoes!

      Delete
  5. Great outfit, it looks like you had lots of fun dressing up as Peggy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great costume! As soon as I saw the first photo I thought "Peggy Carter!" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate! I just had to be Peggy, she's the best :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...