1) Making my 1930's inspired wrap dress! I really need to make another one of these as it is super fun to wear and relatively easy to make!
2) The huge hibiscus flowers in the planters outside the shop I work at never cease to amaze me. This flower is probably at least 10 inches across!
3) This is our boy cat Gunny the day after he had gone missing over night (in a thunderstorm with buckets of rain). He returned at 5:30 in the morning after I spent a restless night sleeping poorly worried about him being outside missing overnight. I had already put up lost cat signs before I went to bed in case he didn't come back. Thankfully he did, though he had a small scratch above his eye and was quiet and spooked for a few days after his mysterious ordeal. Poor little guy! So happy he is home and safe now.
4) Look at this innocent picture of the first set of needles and cheap yarn to play with I bought to learn how to knit last month. Oh how things have spiraled since!
5) I maintain these shoes are gorgeous, but holy crap are they super painful. Proceed with caution!
6) I actually managed to make the 1920's one hour dress in just over an hour! Success!
7) Why yes, I do have a glamour shot of Peggy Carter tucked into my vanity mirror, doesn't everyone?
8) I teased this shot of many fall hued stems before I made them into a very fun little hat. I promise photos are coming your way soon :)
9) And the real yarn arrives! This is Knit Picks Wool of the Andes worsted weight yarn in the color wheat. I have come so far since! (darn thing better fit me...)
10) At an old friend's wedding, realizing it was the first wedding I had attended since I was around 11 years old. It is just a bit odd to watch you high school friend get married, but also very nice, and she looked so ridiculously happy. I admit it made me tear up a bit!
11) I never tire of the one and only local "castle", I hope you guys aren't bored of me always shooting photos there!
12) A shot of the navy poly crepe with itty-bitty flowers I used to make a bow front blouse this week. I ended up going with different red buttons and the neckline turned out a bit too low, but I am excited to tweak the pattern for next time!
13) My most adorable kitty Cleo in her carrier on the way home from the vet. We are really bad about bringing our cats to the vet for check ups as they have always been very healthy. As she hasn't been in a carrier/in a car/out of our house for nearly her entire life she was not pleased. While little miss Cleo did not enjoy the adventure in the car, she was a lot quieter on the way home after receiving a few shots at the vet and deciding the car wasn't the worst place to be after all. After her antibiotics kicked in she bounced back to her more affectionate self the next morning and hasn't left my side since <3
14) I went out to buy hair color and somehow ended up buying these three little fall scented candles instead. I am a monster when it comes to fall scented candles (plus they were out of my hair color at Sally's next door).
15) Speaking of fall things, this cute little silver acorn set arrived today from Etsy! So cute! I can't wait to wear these this fall.
16) Then there was today's project, starting the sleeves of the sweater I'm knitting. Sadly after finishing this first sleeve I tried it on and discovered I really need to make the sleeves a bit bigger and longer for them to be comfortable, so it's back to the start! I don't even want to bother frogging this sleeve for the yarn as I still have extra so far. New skein new start!
I have a ton of projects planned as ever, hopefully I can get a few finished up this week! I also ordered more yarn already, as the knitting bug has bitten me firmly now, so I'd better finish up this first sweater so I can move onto the next! I just have to work out the sleeves, block everything, and then sew it together! Here's hoping the darn thing fits!
I hope you are all having a lovely start to the new week!