Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Safari in the Grasslands











The finished jodhpurs! Well, here they are you guys, my first pair of jodhpurs. I will definitely change a few things next time I make a pair, but overall I am happy with these! I didn't have a single thing in my closet that went with them in the end, hence the delay in showing them to you all. That changed when I broke down and embarked on a short thrifting adventure yesterday after work. I found not one, but two, safari blouses/shirts! The one above is 100% silk and cost me $3! I left in the thin little shoulder pads for a bit of 40's structured flair. The other is even more safari-ish, with more details and tabs. I also picked up two other silk blouses, one a colorful tropical print, the other a perfect ivory satin blouse with french cuffs! I don't often go thrifting, rarely if ever actually, but after such a successful trip I will definitely start going more often! I also picked up 6 (6!) new scarves, including an adorable small white chiffon number with bright red cherries!

In the height of my safari-fashion mania, which has yet to subside, I ordered these lace up boot from Amazon. For the super low price, I braced myself for them possibly looking just too cheap, but was pleasantly surprised! I also picked up this nice straw style pith helmet. Got to have a pith helmet right?

I'd love to go on a real safari this summer, but until I can make my way over to Africa, the grasslands of Colorado will have to do. I hope you guys are having a lovely week, I'm off back to the sewing room to finish up a ivory linen boater I have been working on!

Jodhpurs: Made by me
Blouse: Vintage (thrifted)
Belt: Target
Boots: Amazon (here)
Hat: Amazon (here)
Sunglasses: Amazon (here)
Earrings: Made by me

4 comments:

  1. They're sooooo great! Love, love, love! Not only the pants themselves, but this whole outfit, which I should add, include my fantasy brown lace up boots. Swoon!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! These boots were $20 dollars, a total bargain! I can't wait to wear them again, I'm already thinking of equestrienne outfits for next fall!

      Delete
  2. Fantastic series of photos and the jodhpurs have turned out so well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...