Monday, June 29, 2015

Adventureland










Finally wearing my new shoes that I bought ages ago! I picked up these grass green beauties from Modcloth (see them here) and when they arrived the size 10 was much too big! So I returned them for the 9, and after what seemed like an age they finally arrived and the 9 fit perfectly! I just love them, the color, the 40's style straps and chunky heel, they are just too cute!

This safari shirt is a real safari shirt, in that it is from LL Bean's "Traveler" line and has some extra details that lead me to believe it was made and sold with the actual intention you would wear it on safari! There are even cooling net panels sewn into the sides of the shirt. I picked it up for less than $4 dollars when I went thrifting a few weeks back. It is exactly what I was looking for so I was quite glad to add it to my wardrobe. The Hawaiian print skirt I made last year, and I wish I could get more of this fabric or something similar for a tropical print dress but have so far been unable to find anything.

We drove towards some suburban open-space after running errands this morning and ended up discovering this lush "jungle" and beautiful pond! This space is wedged between two neighborhoods just off a main road, and looks innocent enough from that road, but turned out to be an awesome area! I was so excited to turn around a corner of the path and find this lush Jungle Cruise-like pond! There is nothing like finding a new great place for outfit photos, it made my day!

I have some pretty crammed sewing plans for this week, so I better get going on those! I hope you all are having a lovely start to your week!

Shirt: Vintage (80's)
Skirt: Made by me
Belt: Target
Shoes: Modcloth (here)
Earrings: Vintage
Sunglasses: Forever21

4 comments:

  1. Ooohh, they're powerfully beautiful, wow! It's awesome that you were able to get the fit right in the end. That is so one of the downsides to shoe shopping online though, with this being a garment that needs to be tried on often to nail the fit.

    Fabulous outfit and location. You really live in a beautiful part of the world.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica! They were a splurge for me, but worth it and the wait in the end! I tend to forget how awesome Colorado can be sometimes, but driving to the mountains last week, and discovering gem like little parks definitely remind me how beautiful it is here! I spend a lot of time wishing I lived in London, but as far as places to live in the US, I think the Denver area is pretty great!

      Delete
  2. Great place for outfit photos. Those shoes are amazing, if only I could walk in heels without looking like a chicken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate, it's my new favorite spot! I have many years of practice in heels, I even used to wear them to high school back in the day ha ha

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...