Monday, April 13, 2015

Genuine Panama







Remember when I told you guys I had straw hat fever? This was another of the straw hats I snatched up! I was quite done buying hats when this one popped up on Etsy and I couldn't resist it! The inside is marked genuine Panama, though this isn't a typical shape for a traditional Panama hat. The jaunty shape, the finely woven straw, and the wonderful net veiling all screamed summer riding outfit to me, though today I ended up styling it more safari ready than equestrienne.

This was actually the first "real" blouse I made from my short kimono sleeved blouse pattern. The other two I made first were trial runs. This amazing fern print batik caught my eye while I was shopping for other things at my favorite local fabric store. I used carved coconut button down the back and this has ended up being my favorite blouse yet! I just adore this fabric!

I have a lot of time for sewing this week so I am hoping to get a few new dresses done, I'll show you all the results soon!

Blouse: Made by me
Skirt: Made by me
Tights: What Katie Did
Shoes: Nine West
Bracelets, pins, earrings: Vintage
Hat: Vintage (etsy)
Belt: Vintage

6 comments:

  1. That hat is so very elegant and richly beautiful. I've always been smitten with styles that channel any kind of equestrian vibe as this one does. I love how you've styled it, too, and that the (fab!) olive green pencil skirt made an appearance again. I want one like it sooo much (ditto for the hat! :)).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! I hope you find an olive green pencil skirt soon :)

      Delete
  2. I seriously can't even with that hat right now! It is divine!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janey! It was such a good buy, I strike fast when good stuff pops up on Etsy for a steal!

      Delete
  3. What a great shaped hat! Not surprised you snapped it up. It does have a horse riding vibe. Really like the blouse too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate! I am already thinking of new outfits to wear it with again!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...