Saturday, January 3, 2015

In 2015: New Series for the Year Ahead


 Whew! I don't know about you guys, but I am having such a hard time getting back into the swing of things this week after all the holiday madness! I have so much to do, and my brain is reacting poorly to my to-do lists by giving into laziness and QI marathons instead of getting anything done! I have made a list of personal resolutions for 2015, but more importantly I have been devoting some thought to new series I will be introducing here on The Closet Historian  in 2015.

I thought today I would give you guys a little introduction to some new series of posts I have planned!


 One topic I have yet to discuss here on The Closet Historian is self love. As cheesy as the name may be, it is just so essential. Self love seems to be all over the blogosphere these days, and I don't want to jump on a bandwagon just because it is passing by, but if my journey can help just one gal out there, than it is worth sharing. It's hard out there for us ladies, constantly being told we need to be pretty, but not too pretty, take care of ourselves, but not be vain, be intelligent but not too intelligent (because that's intimidating?). I don't know, in a world where feminism has somehow become a dirty word, I think us girls could use all the self love we can get!


 On the fashion history front, Closet Histories will be returning next week to take on the 18th century! In addition, seeing as I have already waxed poetically about hair combs for posts upon posts, I will be starting a new little series about vintage costume jewelry. I would love to know more about Coro, Trifari, Lisner, and others! These names inscribed on the back of my favorite pieces each has a story to be found and shared. Besides, who doesn't love jewelry right?


 Lastly I want to add a bit more beauty into my blogging, and by that I mean hair tutorials, some cosmetics reviews, and my usual nail art tutorials too of course. I have been wearing my hair in victory rolls and retro styles since high school, and would love to pass on any of the tricks I have picked up over the years. I would really like to make video tutorials, and videos in general this year, but we'll have to see if that's feasible for the year ahead.

I guess I just have a hard time sticking to one topic. I love fashion, costuming, history, and beauty too! Do you guys mind such a large verity of topics, or is it annoying?

4 comments:

  1. Personally, I think variety is a great thing. I know I'd be interested in hair tutorials, since that's something I know nothing about and would like to attempt to learn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear it! I am going to try and figure out how to do both static and video versions of hair tutorials, so hopefully I can work out that set up soon!

      Delete
  2. I am always interested in hair tutorials as I lack skill in that area! My hair has finally grown long enough to do interesting things with so I am looking for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way, I have been growing out my bob this year and my hair is finally long enough to do fun things with it again!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...