Monday, November 3, 2014

Snapshot


1- My cat Gunny, isn't he majestic and cute? He has started to hang out in my room a lot more these days which is rather nice.
2- Hanging out at the Broadmoor down in Colorado Springs, such a beautiful hotel.
3- Amazing jalapeno poppers! I want some right now, they were so tasty! nom
4- Lavender cocktails with Gina, lavender cocktails are my new favorite thing!
5- Chi tea and getting a lot done in the sewing room amount to a great afternoon.
6- A plaid dress I started but have been unable to finish. Matching plaids is not my idea of a fun time.
7- Tiny Cleo paws! (cat lady much?)
8- Helping my brother shoot a video of ink spreading through water, it turned out cool so check it out here
9- Spent a lovely day at the zoo with my dad.
10- Punchbowl Social for Gina's birthday dinner!
11- Working on a black moire 20's dress for an upcoming event at the museum! It is nearly done now and I can't wait to wear it!
12- My Halloween decorations, I ended up going pretty all out so that we would be the cool house on our street. I even brought out the fog machine for extra fun!

I haven't been as productive as I would like as far as sewing goes these past few weeks. I am almost done with the black dress I mentioned but before starting that I had a mini sewing hiatus. Sometimes I just don't feel like it! But the more I sew, the more I get to add new things to my closet, so I need to get to work!

I am going to try and nanowrimo a bit this November (National Novel Writing Month). I would love to finish the first draft of my novel (that i have been working on for what, four years now?) this month. I would have to write maybe 15-20 thousand words this month to do so, which is nowhere near the official nanowrimo goal of writing a 50,000 word novella in a month. I just need to set aside and dedicate the time to do it! Hopefully I can keep up with my sewing projects too!

I also wanted to let you guys know that as of November 1st the second series of Miss Fishers Murder Mysteries is now available to stream on Netflix! I have talked about this series before, but seriously if you haven't watched it yet now is the perfect time! I just love the 20's set decorating and costumes! Plus Miss Fisher is a bamf!


That's all for today, I have another new 20's dress to show you all tomorrow!


2 comments:

  1. Ooohhhh, how awesomely exciting that you're going to try your hand at NNWM, dear gal. That is such an impressive thing to undertake and I wish you luck, energy and inspiration every step (word) of the way.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica, I find it really hard to write every day consistently so I will need that luck!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...