Saturday, September 6, 2014

Plaid, Wool, and a Scotty Dog


As of this weekend, fall has arrived here in Colorado. Yesterday was full on foggy-grey-chilly-wonderful fall! By the way, I seriously love the fall season, it's my favorite by far! I adore the colorful trees, I love pumpkin spice lattes, and I also just prefer fall clothing. Scarves, boots and dark jewel toned colors, whats not to like? Despite my love of plaid, I haven't actually worn this skirt I made ages ago (way back in 2011) for quite a long while. As you all know, I prefer pencil skirts, so this lovely plaid number doesn't get worn very often. I do love the colors though!

Though I hadn't been wearing this hat earlier today, (I work retail, I can't scare the customers away with too much glamour) I put it on for these photos because I really do love this hat! I rarely get to wear it, the feathers are tall and draw quite a bit of attention!






Hat: Made by me
Top: Banana Republic
Skirt: Made by me
Tights: Vera Wang for Kohls
Shoes: Nine West
Brooch: Vintage (Etsy)
Earrings: Made by me
I have made some serious progress on my 18th century jacket and I hope to finish it and show you all soon!

6 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous outfit! I love the skirt and hat particularly. I love tartan and pheasant-feather combinations, so Scottish and autumnal and classic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tanith! I too love tartan and pheasant feathers together <3

      Delete
  2. Fall clothing for the win. Always. Seriously, I could live in it all year round, but in a way, isn't it all the more special because tend to focus on it just for a few short months?

    Love your elegant, beautiful return of chilly weather ensemble, dear Bianca. I'm elated that plaid season is here again and will be joining you on the fall fashion front very soon (once summer and autumn stop swapping back and forth from one day to the next here - it was 30C yesterday, for example, and 19C + rainy today).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! Our weather is doing the same thing down here in Denver, I never know how to dress because it seems some days we have summer in the morning and chilly fall in the evenings or vice versa! I am probably the only one around here that is genuinely very excited for the heat to end!

      Delete
  3. The colours in this outfit are fabulous and I love how it all coordinates. It looks great, lovely skirt.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...