Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Snapshot

1. Cafe Vino! one of my favorite restaurants in Fort Collins, get the bacon wrapped dates (AKA my favorite food...) and the pear pizza, nom!

2. Canes,  a much less fancy Fort Collins eatery! Fried chicken strips and french fries served with texas toast, probably not so good for you...but extremely tasty!

3. A snail mail letter from a friend, doesn't good snail mail always make your day?

4. Cleo hugging her face while she naps! My goodness she is so cute!

5. My ID card for my internship!

6. The view of the Denver Capital building from the top floors of the museum.

7. Pink peonies growing outside the Byers Evans House Museum in Denver.

8. A selfie from the car, I was early to work :P

9. Tuk Tuk Thai food restaurant, more yummy food!

10. A pretty blue flower from my trip to the nursery with my dad to scope out plants for our garden.

11. Game of Thrones! I am so sad the season if over! I may just re-watch the whole show this year in wait. I started listening to a great GoT podcast Game of Owns which you should totally check out if you're a fan!

12. Dale Chihuly at the Denver Botanic Gardens!

13. I know most of the west coast is like huh? but we just got Trader Joe's here in Colorado this year!

14. More peonies, this time in our office at my internship!

15. A set of brooches from a de-stash shop on Etsy! I snatched up all these pins for only $15. I was looking to get a silver novelty pin and now I have a bunch!

16. Tea, tea and more tea this week! I'm exhausted for whatever reason!


So I think I may have mentioned that I started a summer internship but I'm not sure I said where. This summer I will be working with none other than the Denver Art Museum! I am working with the education and textile departments and so far I am loving it! It is great learning about everything that happens behind the scenes at a museum and I look forward to spending my summer learning even more about museum interpretation and art. Having a Denver Art Museum badge with my name on it really has meant a lot to me so far, it is my local art museum but it is also an AMAZING museum with great and forward thinking staff!

To be honest, May was a pretty awful month for me and I am so glad it's over. I look forward to the rest of the summer being much better than this first bit. Lucky for me, being busy with two jobs means July already seems to be creeping up, and I am so excited to go and visit my grandparents in San Diego and spend my birthday at Disneyland! I haven't had any time for sewing recently and that has been pretty painful. It is going to change this weekend though and I am very excited to dive back in and finish a few new dresses for summer. I will of course be showing you all my progress along the way :)


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your internship, that sounds like an amazing place to spend the summer working. I'd happily do the same at just about any museum, too, if I could. I hope it's just one of many awesome things that come your way this season!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! The internship has been so much fun so far I can't wait to see what the rest of the summer holds!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...