Thursday, June 13, 2013

Snapshot

What have I been up to this week?

Instagram: The very first app I downloaded when I got my iphone back in March was instagram. I am not very particular when it comes to phones or tech but I was excited to get an iphone because of instagram. I know its just another social media website and just like the endless tweets and status updates, no one really cares what you are having for lunch but I think instagram is a little different. I think of it as more of a visual diary, I can look back through my instagram and remember those little snippets of the past few months. I have never been good at keeping a diary or journal but I can remember to instagram. This past week I captured my little cat Cleo being silly curling up in my sink, me and my dad's gardening projects, delicious dinner courtesy of this recipe and some current projects being draped on my new dress form!


Watching: I have now fully caught up on Game of Thrones which means I watched the finale this week along with the rest of the world! I have fallen head over heels for the show and have some exciting Game of Thrones themed projects coming up. I particularly admire the ladies costumes and discovered that the woman responsible for the embroidery is my new career crush! Michele Clapton is an illustrator and embroider for film and television and I envy her job!See her meticulous and gorgeous work detailed on her website here if you haven't already!

I also just finally started watching Mad Men, and I know, late to the party doesn't even begin to cover it! I have been a student in and out of dorms and apartments none of which ever had HBO so me and their programming have been catching up. I am about 5 episodes into season one and while I would watch for the clothing and set decoration alone I also am already hooked on the scheming characters. Thank goodness for Netflix!

Reading: I just started reading The Casual Vacancy by J K Rowling. Being a Harry Potter nerd I pre-ordered the book as soon as I could but in the fog of reviews as the book came out was discouraged to start it after hearing how depressing it was. It joined my other stacks of books I have bought but haven't yet managed to read. I had wanted to conquer some classics this summer but I decided to start my summer reading with The Causal Vacancy as I was craving something set in the present day. So far I like it though there are quite a few characters to keep track of!

Listening: I am still hooked on The Great Gatsby soundtrack as it is beyond excellent and also the new Vampire Weekend album Modern Vampires of the City

On the Web: Here a round up of some of my favorite links from the past few days

Honestly WTF and Honestly YUM are such great blogs with lots of inspiration 

This video from KickThePJ on YouTube made me excited for summer and barbecues

This tumblr FuckYeahReneLalique because I LOVE Lalique jewelry, I dream to own a piece one day!


Ok thats all for today! see you again soon with a big Etsy shop update!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...